In a similar vein to their debut album Mechanism, the half-hour mix draws as much from the present musical moment as it does from the past.
Featuring artists from the cutting edge of contemporary composition such as Cristobal Tapia de Veer and Oliver Coates, Soft Error also include John Barry's 'A Man Alone' from the soundtrack to 1964 espionage film The Ipcress File, as well as '70s krautrock pioneers Can, lending the mix the same cinematic and retro-kosmische style that made Mechanism so appealing.
Despite pulling from such disparate directions, Soft Error expertly fill in the gaps to create half an hour of consistently captivating music.
- Antonymes - A Sadder Light Than Waning Moon
- John Barry - A Man Alone
- Oliver Coates - Memorial For Hitchens
- Cristobal Tapia de Veer - Gifted (Pimped Mix)
- Thunder Tillman - Alignments
- AFx - diskhat ALL prepared1mixed [snr2mix]
- Rupert Clervaux & Beatrice Dillon - II
- Musicargo - La Era
- Can - Vitamin C
- ZNR - Le Grand Compositeur, Vu De Face
- B.Ebbinghouse - Turkish Delight